10 Things You Can do After Coming Home During COVID-19:
- Disinfect your wallet, phone, keys, and credit cards travel items.
- Clean and disinfect the clothes hamper according to the guidance provided by the CDC for surface cleaning.
- Place a large garbage bag or disposable liner in the dirty clothes hamper. The CDC recommends cleaning and disinfecting surfaces where clothing, linens, and towels that could have been worn or used by someone suspected to have the coronavirus were stored prior to washing.
- Wear disposable gloves when removing worn clothing.
- Organic, FDA & EPA approved Disinfect & Shield has been used to disinfect surgical suites over the decade and the formulation is gentle enough to spray directly your face or body. Disinfect & Shield can be applied directly on medical personnel’s protective equipment (PPE), including masks, making the wearing and especially the removal of this equipment even safer.
- Do not shake dirty laundry.
- Wash hands with soap and water as soon as you remove and discard the gloves.
- The CDC recommends washing your clothes in the warmest appropriate water setting (above 167 degrees) and fully dry the washed clothes.
- Add laundry detergent into the washing machine before adding water and clothing. If you have sensitive skin or allergies, Arm and Hammer’s Sensitive Skin Free & Clear detergent is dermatologist tested and specially formulated for sensitive skin and is free of dyes and perfumes for the whole family.
- Clean your washing machine with P2 Probiotic Power I Clean Washers, the first external probiotic technology developed to clean and form a defensive barrier against microorganisms, like superbugs, that are invisible to the naked eye and get stronger and multiply by feeding off of the microscopic gunk that builds up in the washing machine. P2 delivers a safe, healthy, protective clean, replacing natural and chemical based products, like bleach and disinfectants, that are ineffective at stopping bad bacteria from coming back that can make you sick.
"Please take all recommended precautions in staying virus free and keeping your loved ones healthy around you," adds Mullans.
For more information about how to best clean your laundry, visit the Arm and Hammer Laundry articles.
Other Favorite Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergents:
- ARM & HAMMER™ Plus OxiClean™ Fresh Scent Liquid Detergent
- ARM & HAMMER™ Clean Burst™
- ARM & HAMMER™ Clean and Simple