Old clothes. Never worn clothes. Damaged clothes. The hardest part of decluttering is deciding what to part with, and what to keep. First, take everything out of your closet, then separate them into 3 piles: Keep, Toss, or Donate. To decide which pile, review each item and ask yourself:
- Does it fit?
- Have you worn it in the last 12 months?
- Can you see yourself wearing it again?
- Does it match your current style?
- Is it damaged in any way (e.g., pilled, ripped, stained, missing buttons, broken zippers); if so, will you get it repaired in the next month?
- Do you feel good about yourself when wearing it?
Once you’ve reviewed everything, put your donate pile in a bag (write down what you’re donating first for tax purposes!), and toss what can’t be saved. Then…