Makes 1 loaf
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 8 teaspoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Sift the flour, Baking Soda, and salt into a medium bowl, set aside. Whisk the eggs and vanilla together in a liquid measuring cup with a spout, set aside. Lightly grease a 9” x 5” x 3” loaf pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with an electric hand-held mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the butter while mixing until incorporated. Add the bananas (the mixture will appear to be curdled, but don't worry) and remove the bowl from the mixer.
- With a rubber spatula, mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. If desired fold in the nuts and chocolate chips and transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool the bread in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and let cool completely on the rack.