A favourite among cat lovers, clumping cat litter is designed to make it easy to remove both urine and feces from the cat litter box.
- Clumping litter often contains a material called bentonite, which allows the litter to clump as it absorbs urine and feces.
- There are also natural clumping litters that use plant-derived fibers and clumping agents.
- Clumping makes it easy to scoop out urine-soiled litter — and to keep a cleaner, fresher litter box for longer.
- Once you remove those clumps, you’ll need to refill the box with fresh litter to maintain the 3-4 inches that will satisfy your cat’s primal need to dig and cover his waste — and to control odour.
- You’ll still need to clean out the litter box every day, and empty, clean and refill the litter box at least once a month, depending on your cat’s litter habits. It can be frustrating scraping and scrubbing when cleaning the litter box, so try ARM & HAMMER™ Slide™, nonstick litter that slides right out,