Happy Halloween! Get your potion bubbling with ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda, the secret ingredient that will make your Skeleton Brittle a spooky hit.
- 2 teaspoons ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ½ cup water
- Line an 8-by-8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add sugar and give it a quick shake so the sugar is in one layer. Add honey, corn syrup, and water, but don’t stir!
- Cook sugar mixture over medium-high heat for about 5-10 minutes, until the mixture reaches 300ºF on a candy thermometer.
- Remove pan from heat and pour in ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda. Whisk together for about 5 seconds and watch as the mixture bubbles up madly. As soon as it stops foaming, pour into the prepared pan.
- Let cool for 1 hour until the candy gets hard and then use a knife to carefully break into pieces.
- Put pieces of your “skeleton brittle” into clear bags. Perfect for a spooky Halloween!