Make delicious homemade pumpkin pancakes that are the perfect breakfast. To be extra festive, make your pancakes into a pumpkin shape.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk, divided
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup pecans
- Butter and maple syrup for serving
- (Optional) Melt one tablespoon of unsalted butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add a dash of pumpkin pie spice and pecans. Cook until lightly toasted and chop. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup, add 1 cup of buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir to combine but do not overmix.
- In the same measuring cup add remaining ¼ cup buttermilk and canned pumpkin and mix well. Fold into batter.
- Let batter rest for about 5 minutes while you heat your griddle or skillet.
- Melt butter onto the cooking surface, spreading evenly.
- Pour the batter onto the griddle or frying pan. The pancakes are ready to flip when they start to look drier around the edges and start to form bubbles (about 1-2 minutes). Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown and completely cooked through–about another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve topped with butter, maple syrup, and spiced pecans if desired and enjoy!