Three magical words define this recipe: Gooey. Chocolate. Center. Help your kids make their own lava cake with this fun concoction. From ARM & HAMMER™ Summer Camp Counselor Lunch Box Dad Beau Coffron
Ingredients & Supplies
Bake Time: 1 Minute each
Yields: 4 mug cakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 lightly broken up chocolate bars
- Measuring cup
- 1 can non-stick spray
- 4 mugs
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda, buttermilk, fat free milk, vegetable oil, vinegar, and red food coloring in a large bowl.
- Mix with a whisk until batter is smooth.
- Spray each mug with non-stick spray and pour batter evenly into each.
- Depending on what kind of day it’s been, add as much broken chocolate bar to the center of the batter as you like. We recommend around 6-8 pieces. Pour 1 teaspoon of water over the batter in each mug to help create the lava center.
- Cook one mug at a time in the microwave for 1 minute each. Set aside to cool.
- Top each mug cake with vanilla ice cream and serve. (An optional step, but one totally worth indulging in!)