- When taking your furniture in or out of storage, clean wrought-iron furniture and plastic cushions with a solution of ½ cup Super Washing Soda dissolved in a gallon of warm water. For wrought iron, scrub with a stiff-bristled brush, hose off, and dry in the sun. For plastic cushions, wipe down with a cloth or a sponge. Outdoor furniture should not be cleaned on wooden decks as Super Washing Soda can remove the finish. Do not use on aluminum outdoor furniture.
Super Washing Soda for All Around the Home Cleaning
1.Outdoor Furniture and Washable Upholstery
- Treat spills and spots on carpets using ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda. Mix ⅛ cup of Super Washing Soda per 16 ounces of water. Remove excess stains before treating. Apply only enough solution to saturate stain. Allow solution to stand 1-5 minutes. Do not allow solution to dry on fabrics. Blot with white towel. Repeat until stain is not visible. Then, dampen a clean white towel with water and blot area to rinse.
3.Pool and Outdoor Toys
- Grimy toys outside can ruin a perfectly beautiful day by the pool. Mix ¼ cup Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda with 1 quart of warm water. Wipe down toys with the solution and rinse. Smaller items may be soaked first and then rinsed.
- For easy maintenance of saws, hedge trimmers, and clippers, scrub with Super Washing Soda on a moist, stiff-bristled brush. Hose off and let dry in the sun. Do not use on aluminum tools.
5.Barbecue Grills and Utensils
- To remove hardened accumulations of grease, scrub with Super Washing Soda sprinkled on a moist, stiff-bristled brush. Or soak items in a solution of ½ cup Super Washing Soda dissolved in a gallon of warm water. Rinse and dry. Do not use on aluminum surfaces.
- Dip a cloth in a solution of ½ cup Super Washing Soda dissolved in a gallon of warm water and wipe blinds. Or fill your bathtub with warm water and add ½ cup Super Washing Soda. Soak for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse and dry.
7.Garage Floors, Other Concrete Surfaces (basement, patio, workshop, and fireplace)
Tips to freshen things up
Deodorize gym bags and sneakers by sprinkling in baking soda inside.
3 of 128 How To