A favorite among many cat lovers, clumping cat litter is designed to make it easy to scoop both urine and feces from the litter box.
- Clumping litter often contains a material called bentonite, which absorbs urine and coats feces to form scoopable clumps.
- There are also natural clumping litters that use plant-derived fibers and clumping agents.
- Clumping makes it easy to scoop out urine-soiled litter and clumps of feces and to keep a cleaner, fresher litter box for longer.
- After you remove those clumps, refill the box with fresh litter to maintain the 3-4 inches that will satisfy your cat’s primal need to dig and cover his waste — and to control odor.
- Scoop the clumps from the litter box every day, and empty, clean and refill the litter box at least once a month, depending on your cat’s litter habits. For easy clean-up, try Clump & Seal™ AbsorbX Clumping Litter, Multi-Cat, which absorbs and clumps in seconds to say goodbye to lingering wetness and urine smell.