This recipe makes one, nine-inch round cake, but don’t count on it sticking around for long. With delicate touches like sweet chocolate curls, make sure you take a photo before someone takes a piece.
- 1 ½ cups walnuts or pecans
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chocolate glaze to taste
- Chocolate curls to taste
- Powdered sugar to taste
- In a food processor bowl, combine the nuts, sugar, cocoa, chocolate pieces, baking powder and ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda. Process until the nuts are ground.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla. Process until the mixture is nearly smooth.
- Add the mixture into a greased and floured nine-inch round cake pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Cool for ten minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and place directly onto a serving plate. Cool completely. Over the cake spread a chocolate glaze and top with chocolate curls and dust with powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate until serving time.