This moist, tender recipe makes four large loaves — perfect for sharing, gifting or freezing. Tip: Use small to medium zucchinis; they’re sweeter and less dry. And locally-grown = more flavor!
- 3 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups vegetable oil
- 5 cups unpeeled grated zucchini
- 5 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Butter or spray loaf pans.
- Beat the eggs until light. Add in the sugar, mixing well.
- Add in the vegetable oil, zucchini and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture cup by cup. Stir until well blended.
- Add in the nuts and walnut oil.
- Spoon into the pans and bake for approximately one hour.
- Cool on racks.