- 2 cups ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
- Spray bottle
- Silicone soap molds (or mini muffin tins)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Baking sheet
- Less than ¼ cup witch hazel
- 1 cup citric acid
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- Food/soap dye (optional)
- In a bowl, mix citric acid and Baking Soda.
- Add the essential oil and mix well with your hands.
- If desired, add a few drops of food/soap dye to make your shower soothers colorful.
- Pour witch hazel into the spray bottle and spritz some onto the top of the powder mixture. Mix witch hazel in quickly with your hands, spritz more on top, and mix again until the mixture packs together nicely.
- Make sure not to make the mix too moist, or it will start to fizz.
- Scoop the mixture into molds one at a time and pack tightly so the mixture holds together.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Wipe cooking spray off, leaving only a light film.
- Once the molds are filled, unmold and flip them onto the cookie sheet to dry in a warm, sunny place for at least 24 hours.
- Once dry, package the cakes into baggies or jars.
- To use, place 1 cake on the shower floor. The warm water will cause the steamer to fizz and melt, releasing soothing eucalyptus into the steamy air. (Please note: The floor may become slippery after using the shower soothers; use caution.)