It’s like a birthday party that fits in your hand. That’s what you can say when you help the kids make these surprised filled cupcakes. From ARM & HAMMER™ Summer Camp Counselor Lunch Box Dad Beau Coffron
Ingredients & Supplies
Bake Time: 18-20 Minutes
Yields: 12 Cupcakes
- 1 teaspoon ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz vanilla frosting
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 12 paper cupcake liners
- Muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Line muffin pan with paper cupcake liners and lightly coat with non-stick spray, or use parchment paper liners.
- Mix flour, baking powder, ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk softened butter and sugar together until fluffy. You can do this by hand or with a hand mixer to speed things up. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla extract until blended.
- Add dry ingredients slowly and mix until combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner three quarters with batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cupcakes have cooled completely, cut a hole 1” in diameter into the center of each cupcake. Gently lift out the center and save for later. Lightly press down into the hole and fill hole with sprinkles. Place the cupcake center on top of the sprinkle filling and gently press down.
- Add frosting as desired and serve.