- Three 4-oz. plastic cups
- 1 teaspoon ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
- Plaster of Paris
- ¼ cup vinegar
- Liquid dish soap
- Red food coloring
- On a baking sheet (or other easily cleaned surface), shape cardboard into broad cone shape using a cup to form a “crater” on top of the volcano.
- Use Plaster of Paris over the cone to form the volcano (do not get plaster into the crater). Allow to dry completely.
- Paint or decorate volcano as desired.
- Mix vinegar, dish soap, a few drops of water, and a few drops of red food coloring in a plastic cup.
- Add 1 teaspoon ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda into a small, empty plastic cup. Place this cup into the volcano crater.
- Quickly pour vinegar mixture into the ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda cup in the crater. Enjoy the “lava” as the volcano erupts.
- See a fully functional volcano on the ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda YouTube channel.
Adult supervision is recommended.