Make your own crystals! All you need is food coloring, ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda, and a little time.
- ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
- Food coloring
- Glasses or jars (2)
- Steel nails (2)
- Hot tap water
- Piece of yarn or cotton string, about 6 in. long
- Place the 2 glasses on opposite ends of a large plate, leaving space between them.
- Fill each glass with hot tap water. Add 2 tablespoons of ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda to each glass and stir.
- If all the Baking Soda dissolves, add more Baking Soda until the water cannot dissolve it anymore, indicating that the mixture is saturated.
- Add a few drops of food coloring if you’d like your crystals to be colorful.
- Tie a nail to each end of the string/yarn and drop 1 nail into each glass. Let the string dangle a bit (like a smiley shape) between the glasses but not so much that the string touches the plate.
- Watch the string over the next few days as the colorful crystals grow!