Makes approximately 8 dozen cookies
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cups (12-oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped nuts such as peanuts, walnuts, or pecans (optional)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In small bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl, combine butter, sugars, and vanilla. With wooden spoon, beat until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and gradually add sifted dry ingredients. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips (and nuts if so desired).
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let sit on baking pan for 2 minutes before moving to cooling rack. Cool completely for about 30 minutes. Store in airtight container.