How to Get Laundry Extra Clean and Fresh with Baking Soda
Sweaty gym clothes. Muddy kids’ clothes. Stale work clothes. With so many different fabrics, messes, and odors to get clean, a hamper full of dirty laundry can give your detergent a good workout.
No matter which detergent you choose, you can boost its cleaning and deodorizing power by adding ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda. How? Chemistry! When paired with your laundry detergent, ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda uses the power of pure sodium bicarbonate — a natural occurring substance — to:
- Neutralize odors by balancing pH levels, and
- Soften wash water, so you can use less detergent or bleach — and make it more effective
Here are 5 easy steps to whiter whites, cleaner clothes and a new level of freshness:
- Place your clothes in the washer
- Add ½ cup of baking soda to your washer
- Add detergent, like ARM & HAMMER™ Plus OxiClean™ Odor Blasters.
- Run the wash cycle
- Add another ½ cup of baking soda in the rinse cycle
Ready to take on the next laundry challenge? Read this tutorial and learn how to fold a fitted sheet.
Tips to freshen things up
Boost Your Bleach
For less bleach odor but the same whitening, use ½ cup of bleach and ½ cup of baking soda.
Delay the Dryer
After washing a pre-treated item, check to make sure the stain is gone so it doesn’t set in the dryer.
Freshen Your Clothes
For extra freshness, add ½ cup of baking soda to detergent, then another ½ cup in the rinse cycle
3 of 112 How To