Turns out, relief from heartburn can be found where you may have gotten it in the first place: your kitchen. ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda makes a great antacid when mixed with water. Here’s what you need to do:
Add ½ teaspoon to ½ glass (4 fl. oz.) of water every 2 hours, or as directed by a physician. Dissolve completely in water. Accurately measure ½ teaspoon.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have a sodium-restricted diet.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs.
- Do not administer to children under age 5.
- STOMACH WARNING: TO AVOID SERIOUS INJURY, DO NOT TAKE UNTIL POWDER IS COMPLETELY DISSOLVED. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT NOT TO TAKE THIS PRODUCT WHEN OVERLY FULL FROM FOOD OR DRINK. Consult a doctor if severe stomach pain occurs after taking this product.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if symptoms last more than 2 weeks.
- *Do not take more than the following amounts in 24 hours:
- Seven ½ teaspoons
- Three ½ teaspoons if you are over 60 years of age.
- Do not use the maximum dosage for more than 2 weeks.
- Each ½ teaspoon contains 616mg sodium.