Watch the natural reaction of ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda with vinegar. How it works:
Carbon dioxide is released, making bubbles through the dishwashing liquid and food coloring,
which creates a foaming, red lava!
Making the volcano:
Making the eruption:
- On a baking sheet (or other easily cleaned surface), shape cardboard into a broad cone shape
using the cup to form a "crater" at the top of the volcano.
- Use plaster of Paris over the cone to form the volcano (do not get plaster into the crater). Allow
volcano to dry completely.
- Paint or decorate volcano as desired.
- In a plastic cup, mix ¼ cup vinegar with a few drops of hand dishwashing liquid, a few drops of
water and a few drops of red food coloring.
- Put 1 teaspoon of ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda in a small, empty plastic cup. Place this cup
inside the volcano crater.
- Quickly pour vinegar mixture into the ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda cup that's inside the crater.