SPARKLING POOL, SPARKLING SUMMER!
Counting down the days until summer? So are we! Have crystal clear pool water in the bag with ARM & HAMMER™. Just follow these two easy steps for a sparkling, pH balanced pool:Step 1: Open your pool with ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda:
Step 2: Maintain its sparkle with ARM & HAMMER Clear Balance™
- Balances pH levels naturally
- Optimizes chlorine performance for crystal clear water
- Neutralizes odors safely and effectively
- Easy to use and store
- Simple instructions are on the bag.
Simply add one ARM & HAMMER
Clear Balance™ Tablet with every chlorine tablet! Done. (Available at Walmart)
- Improves water clarity, balances pH and alkalinity
- Optimizes chlorine performance and protects surfaces from corrosion
- Makes pool water gentle on swimmers’ skin and eyes
Okay, now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s dive in a little deeper. Before you put on that new bathing suit, there are a few more things to know to ensure your pool is clean and safe.The Basics of Chlorine.
Chlorine kills bacteria and helps prevent algae growth—but only if your pool’s pH is stabilized! If pH is too high, chlorine becomes inactive. Similarly, if it’s too low, your chlorine becomes unstable and could evaporate, reducing effectiveness. Here are few other important tips to know about chlorine:
What is pH and Why is it Important?
- Chlorinating your pool in the evening allows the maximum length of time for the disinfectant to take effect, since strong sunlight can actually deactivate and destroy the chlorine in your pool!
- You should periodically superchlorinate your pool to block the accumulation of organic waste products that can cause eye irritation. Superchlorination, also known as shocking, is a process of sanitizing pool water by increasing chlorine concentrations to several times its normal level for a short period of time. The pool should be off limits to swimming during this treatment.
- Superchlorination should be done once every other week. Often Sunday evenings are ideal, since they’re after heavy swim periods, which can alter levels.
Simply put, pH is the measurement of acidity or basicity of water. The correct pH balance of 7.5-8 can help minimize eye irritation, reduce unpleasant odor, prevent corrosion, avoid pool scaling and keep water crystal clear. Alkalinity, on the other hand, is the buffer that helps regulate pH. And that’s where ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda comes in!
So Why Use ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda?
ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda costs a fraction of other alkalinity raising products. In fact, did you know many of those expensive additives found at your pool supply store are often made with sodium bicarbonate, otherwise known as baking soda?
ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda is also extremely effective at controlling pH. And because it’s natural and not as harsh as some other chemicals. Not to mention, our water resistant 12 lbs. and 13.5 lbs. bags make things easy. To keep your pool sparkling clean, just check pH once or twice a week, after a party or heavy rain and follow the directions as indicated on the back of the package. Simple.
Prep Your Whole Patio.
Almost time to for a swim! But first, don’t forget the rest of your pool area. We’ve come up with a few more simple and effective ways to use those same bags of ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda all around your pool. So your towels, toys, grill, and lawn furniture will be as refreshed as you are after enjoying the cool water!
Clean Pool Toys
– Mix 1/4 cup ARM & HAMMER™
Baking Soda in a quart of warm water. Wipe down toys and rinse.
Clean Your Grill
– Sprinkle ARM & HAMMER™
Baking Soda on a damp brush, scrub and rinse clean.
Freshen Pool Towels
– Remove the smell of chlorine from your towels by adding a 1/2 cup of ARM & HAMMER™
Baking Soda to the rinse cycle.Wash Lawn Furniture
– Pour ARM & HAMMER™
Baking Soda on lawn chairs and wipe down with a damp rag. Rinse and you’re all set!
Maintaining the perfect pool should be easy. That’s why ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda brings you quick, simple solutions. Because this summer, the only thing you should be concerned about is having fun!